Vegan Cashew Pancakes
Did someone say pancake day?
Yep, here at Nut Blend HQ, we can't wait to be flipping all the pancakes on Tuesday - whether it's savoury; sweet; for breakfast; lunch; dinner or as a quick snack - you name it, we're having pancakes.
And not only is this recipe easy to make but it's completely gluten-, dairy-, sugar-, egg-free; suitable for a plant-based diet and has just four natural ingredients.
Ingredients (makes 6 American-style pancakes):
- 50g rolled oats
- 20g cashew nuts (raw or roasted)
- 40g buckwheat flour / gluten-free flour
- 200ml water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Handful blueberries
1. Put the ingredients - including cinnamon if you're using it - in a blender (we used a NutriBullet) and blitz until a smooth mixture is formed. If you want to make blueberry pancakes, either crush them in the blender or stir them into the final mixture whole.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan and pour in the mixture until your desired size - we love American-style but you can make a larger, slightly thinner crêpe.
3. Fry until it's cooked on one side and then flip and fry the other side.
Finally, douse your pancake stack with your favourite toppings - a few of ours include Nut Blend Nut Butter (inevitably), fresh fruit, raw cacao nibs, pecans and a dollop of coconut yoghurt. On the other hand, opt for savoury and try smashed avocado, sweetcorn, feta, lemon juice and tahini.
Have a flippin' fantastic day...