Raw Cacao Smoothie
If in doubt, add raw cacao; there's nothing a couple of tablespoons can't fix.
As well as being one of our favourite ingredients to play with, raw cacao powder - being the purest form of chocolate - is super energising and feels like a treat but without any sugar or sweeteners; additives or preservatives.
If you haven't got the specific ingredients, simply substitute where necessary. We also try to add at least two portions of vegetables for an extra boost of health.
- ½ banana and / or handful of blueberries
- Small handful of spinach
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts / hazelnuts
- 2 tsp Perfect Nut Butter (or your choice of nut butter)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 flat tsp raw maca powder
- 2-3 tsp raw cacao powder
- 300ml+ cold water (depending on preferred thickness)
- Optional: 1 small carrot, peeled
NB: Try making a Chocolate Orange Smoothie by adding ½ a large orange.
1. Blend all the ingredients until totally smooth and creamy before serving over ice with a straw (optional).
Not only does this raw cacao smoothie add to your five-a-day but there's no added sugar; sweeteners; syrups; additives or preservatives - and as well as tasting absolutely delicious, it provides you with heaps of energy all morning.