Raspberry / Blueberry Chia Jam
Jam is a great preserve to have stocked in the fridge - it goes with porridge, on toast or as a quick snack with nut butter (childhood comfort!). Though you can experiment with different fruits, this Raspberry & Blueberry Chia Jam has a gorgeous texture; the raspberries mash into the jam whilst the blueberries add a soft bite - and the recipe contains absolutely NO added sugar.
It makes roughly 350g / a normal jam jar and we recommend chilling it before serving.
- 50g chia seeds (4 heaped tbsp)
- 75g frozen raspberries
- 75g frozen blueberries
- 100ml coconut water
- 100ml water
- 2 tsp vanilla (8g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (4g)
- ½ tsp nutmeg
1. Put the chia seeds, fruit and spices in a saucepan and stir them together.
2. Add the water / coconut water – and you can substitute the water for more coconut water (making it 200ml) if you want it a tad sweeter.
3. Continue to stir on a medium heat until the chia seeds absorb the liquid and the fruit softens – enough so that you can mash it into the mixture / leave a few bite-size pieces.
3. Let the jam cool before transferring it into a jam jar (be careful not to crack the glass).
4. Store it in the fridge before serving to resemble proper cold jam.