Crunchy Cinnamon Praline Granola
We love granola! You can sprinkle it on yoghurt, ice cream, fruit, porridge – or simply have a spoonful as an afternoon snack. Plus, instead of adding any type of sugar, we’ve swapped it for Praline Nut Butter, which adds a rich roasted pecan flavour and gives this recipe a naturally low sugar content.
100g / 10 tbsp rolled porridge oats
100g pumpkin seeds
3 tsp ground cinnamon
45g / 2 tbsp coconut oil
40g / 2 tbsp nut butter
Optional: 100g raisins
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with foil.
2. Gently heat the coconut oil in a saucepan until a liquid forms. Stir in the cinnamon and nut butter until well combined.
3. Add the oats, pecans, almonds and pumpkin seeds to the saucepan. Mix everything together to ensure the ingredients are evenly coated.
5. Pour the granola onto the baking tray and pop it in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring half way through.
6. Let it cool before transferring it into an air-tight container; and add the raisins into the mix (if using).
This recipe can also act as a crumble topping; simply scatter on top of stewed apples and serve with Hot Vanilla Cashew Custard. Enjoy!