My Favourite Cashew Milk
Creamy nut milk makes any recipe just that bit more delicious – and this particular blend of cashew nuts, vanilla and maca provides a lovely, naturally sweet flavour. You don’t need to add any sweetener and its silky smooth texture is ideal for all recipes, from pancakes and porridge to coffee and cakes.
- 100g cashew nuts
- 750ml filtered water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 flat tsp maca (optional)
1. Weigh out the nuts and cover them in water to soak for a few hours (minimum 4 hours) or overnight, which I like to do so I can just wake up and make it. Feeling impatient? Depending on how powerful your blender is, avoid the soaking stage and add the nuts straight to the blender.
2. After soaking, drain the nuts and put them in your blender with 750ml of fresh filtered water and the spices; and blend until the nuts are fully broken down.
3. Transfer into an airtight container and pop it in the fridge to chill.
It really is that easy to make and tastes better than shop bought - by itself, in food and drinks; and will instantly be a fridge staple.
Nut Blend Recommends:
- Add 2 tsp raw cacao powder to make Chocolate Cashew Milk...