Crunchy Cacao / Cashew Crumble
Oats, raw cacao and crunchy nuts are amazing energising ingredients - and this recipe incorporates them all to create a quick, delicious crumble / granola.
The recipes also contains 0g added sugar (refined / unrefined / dried fruit / sweeteners / syrup) and so it's perfect if you're trying to reduce your sugar intake whilst still satisfying that chocolate cravings.
Ingredients (makes 1 large jar / around 300g):
- 125g rolled oats
- 15g raw cacao powder
- 5g maca powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 70g cashew nuts
- 50g coconut oil
- 40g Nut Blend Perfect Nut Butter (or choice of nut butter)
- 25g raw cacao nibs
- Optional: 20g pumpkin seeds
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with foil.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl until they are well combined.
3. Melt the coconut oil and stir both the oil and nut butter into the dry mixture.
4. Pour the mixture onto the baking tray.
3. Pop it into the oven for 15 minutes, stirring half way through.
4. Let it cool before pairing with porridge, smoothie bowls or yoghurt - and you can add a handful of other nuts and seeds for extra crunch (we love adding roasted hazelnuts, almonds and pecans).