Cinnamon Buckwheat Pancakes
Pancake Day is just a whisk, flip and spoon away - and who else has been counting down since, well, January?
To celebrate this marvellous day, we've created a super simple, delicious recipe that can be whipped up for friends, family or just yourself. It's also gluten-, dairy- and sugar-free; and suitable for vegans.
Ingredients (makes 8-10 - halve for one person):
- 165g buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon (remove if you prefer savoury pancakes)
- 2 heaped tbsp flaxseeds
- 500ml oat milk - or substitute for dairy / your choice of dairy-free alternative
- Stir all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the milk in slowly and whisk thoroughly (I used a fork) until smooth and creamy.
- Heat enough coconut oil in a pan to cover the base - and make sure it's hot before pouring any mixture in.
- Ladel / pour in enough mixture to make the pancake just larger than American-style (you can make it thicker or thinner depending on preference). Turn to a slightly lower heat and let one side of the pancake cook for 45-60 seconds. FLIP NOW - if you dare - we take no responsibility for wasted pancake; and cook the remainder side.
- Serve and continue until you have a stack of pancakes waiting for toppings...
Our Favourite Combinations: